Sydney by Night - Private Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: SBN - OTA
This fully escorted Sydney by Night Private Tour should be on every visitors 'must
do' list when visiting Sydney. Sydney is stunning during the day but at night
the vibrant City and the Harbour really come to life!
Tour Highlights and Key Features
- See some of Sydney's most vibrant and iconic locations come to life after dark
- View the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House lit up at night from the northern, southern and eastern sides of the harbour
- Visit specially selected locations where the larger tour buses do not go
- Enjoy an elegant Australian produce canapé supper under the stars, sip champagne and admire the view!
- Relax in the luxury and comfort of your very own Private Tour
- This is a Private Tour – Guest will not share this tour with other groups!
This fully escorted private tour will take you to some of Sydney's most vibrant and famous landmarks at night. Guests will get to view the Harbour from specially selected locations on both the Eastern and Northern side of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you are only in Sydney for a short visit this tour is highly recommended!
The evening starts with guests being taken away from the city through some of Sydney’s more colourful and vibrant nightlife locations. The commentary provides guests with a fascinating account of how these areas have evolved over the years. You will see some interesting character’s, stunning Victorian and Art Deco buildings along with the bright lights of Sydney’s former notorious red light district which is now becoming a sought after and gentrified area.
The tour then winds its way around the Eastern side of the Harbour where guests will see some stunning harbour side locations and one of Australia's largest naval bases.
There will be an opportunity to stop and walk around along the iconic Finger Wharf which is a favourite night spot and residence among local and international celebrities including Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Naomi Watts, Simon Baker.....just to name few! There will be many opportunities to take photo's here and the Finger Wharf looks truly amazing lit up at night with the large Royal Australian Navy ships in the background. From there guests will have the opportunity to sample the famous 'Pie & Pea's' at the iconic Harrys Cafe De Wheels which for over 80 years has been a favourite late night snack spot for locals and numerous celebrities including Elton John!
The next stop is at Mrs Macquarie's Chair where guests will have another opportunity to walk around and see some of Sydney's best views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
As the tour winds to a close we will then drive across the bridge to the Northern side of the Harbour to a fabulous location on the waterfront where guests will enjoy an elegant gourmet Australian produce canapé supper under the stars, sip champagne and admire the amazing view!
Duration & Departure Time
- 7:30 pm departure - 10:30 pm return
- 3 hours duration (approximately - this can run over time depending on traffic)
We pick guests up from your requested location in Sydney including hotels, cruise terminals, airport
- Fully escorted Private tour with your own driver
- Fun and Informative Commentary
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort in a SUV or
comfortable Minivan (depending on group size)
- Champagne and Gourmet Australian produce Canapé
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off
Any snacks or drinks purchased by tour guests at any of the stops (for example, pies purchased at Harry’s Café De Wheels)
Number of Guests Per Tour:
- Minimum 2 guests per tour
- Maximum 8 guests per tour*
*We can cater for larger groups with a minimum of 7 days’ notice
- For smaller groups of 4 or less, guests will travel in a luxury, fully air conditioned SUV
- For larger groups of 5 to 8, guests will travel in a comfortable, fully air conditioned minivan
What to bring:
- Camera - there will be many fantastic photo opportunities
- Comfortable shoes
- Jacket or cardigan - it can get cool by the water - even in summer
- Suitable for all fitness levels – there is a small component of easy, flat level walking.
- This tour can be easily customised for guests who do not wish to walk about or disembark from the vehicle
Disabled and Wheelchair Access:
- Wheelchairs – Not suitable as vehicles are standard vehicles without wheelchair hoists and lifters
- This tour can cater for guests with some limited mobility (for example elderly guests requiring a moderate level of mobility aids such as a walking stick or walking frame)
Suitable for Children:
- Yes - This tour is suitable for children
- Sydney Private Day Tours will provide a fitted child seats (the operators will need to be advised at time of booking if there are any children under 5 years old that legally require a fitted child seat)
Sydney Private Day Tours will need to be advised at time of booking regarding guests dietary requirements