Hunter Valley Private Tour | The Ultimate Food & Wine Trail | Departs from Sydney
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rushcutters Bay, NSW
- Product code: HVPDT
Our Hunter Valley Food and Wine Trail, Private Tour will take you to oldest, most famous wine growing region in Australia. Discover world class wines and gourmet delights on a Private Day Tour to the Hunter Valley. On this ultimate Food & Wine Trail, discover world class wines and gourmet delights.
Just over two hours’ drive from Sydney you will experience beautiful scenery and historic villages along the way.
The Hunter Valley is abundant with natural beauty and wildlife and we can almost guarantee that you will get to see wild Kangaroo’s roaming amongst the vineyards!
It's not just wine that is produced in this region there are also many organic farms and artisan makers of fine produce. During the tour, you will get to sample organic, locally produced cheese and gourmet handmade chocolate.
Your knowledgeable private tour guide will take you to well-known wineries plus some of the smaller, award-winning boutique vineyards and winemakers where the larger tour groups do not go.
For lunch (at guests expense) there are many options to accommodate all tastes. We can recommend fabulous moderately priced options for a superb, relaxed lunch overlooking the vineyards away from the crowded bus group venues.
- There is the option to include an extra stop at
The Australian Wildlife and Reptile Park on the way up to the Hunter Valley,
for a nominal, discounted fee of $20 AUD per person. The Wildlife and Reptile
Park is approximately 45 minutes from Sydney and includes ‘Free-Roaming’
Kangaroos, Wallabies and Emus and a memorable VIP Koala Encounter for our
Private Tour Guests, making your tour extra special! This extra stop is perfect
if you have Children travelling with you.
Tour Highlights and Key Features
- Taste Award-Winning Handcrafted Premium Wine at exclusive Boutique Vineyards
- Visit some of larger, well-known Wine Producers and Local Distilleries
- Sample locally produced Gourmet and Organic Cheeses
- Indulge in Delicious handmade Chocolates
- Visit Historic Villages and enjoy stunning scenery and views across the vineyards
- Avoid the Crowds - This is a 100% Private Tour – you will not share this tour with other groups
- No need to feel rushed - you will have time to enjoy the many stops at your own pace
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch overlooking beautiful scenery (Lunch is at guests’ expense
9 Hour Tour
8:00am Pick up
5:00pm Drop off
We offer complimentary pick up from all Sydney Hotels, Accommodation and Cruise Terminals
- All Wine Tasting Fees are fully included
- Tasting at several award-winning wineries
- Gourmet Cheese Tasting and Handmade Chocolate Tasting
- Complimentary Morning Tea, Bottled Water and Snacks
- 100% Fully Escorted Private Tour with Professional, Friendly Driver/Guide
- Morning Tea, Bottled Water and Snacks
- Stress Free, Pick up and Drop off to your Hotel, Accommodation or Cruise.
- Any additional wine, snacks or drinks purchased guests
Number of Guests Per Tour:
- Minimum 1 guest per tour
- Maximum 6 guests per tour
• For smaller groups of 4 or less, guests will travel in a luxury, fully air-conditioned SUV
• For larger groups of 5 to 8, guests will travel in a comfortable, fully air-conditioned minivan
What to bring:
• Camera - there will be many fantastic photo opportunities
• We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
• Sunscreen and Sunhat
• Suitable for all fitness levels – there is a small component of easy - moderate walking.
• This tour can be customised for guests with limited mobility
Disabled and Wheelchair Access:
• Wheelchairs – this tour can be customized for guests able to transfer into a standard vehicle
• This tour can cater for guests with some limited mobility
Suitable for Children
- Persons under the age of 18 years old are not permitted to drink alcohol in Australia
- Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by an adult at all times when visiting the wineries due to licencing regulations
- Sydney Private Day Tours will provide an Australian Government approved Child Safety Seat for Children and infants under 7 years of age
Sydney Private Day Tours will need to be advised at time of booking regarding guest’s dietary requirements